We already have a couple of location possibilities where we can hold the event, as well as several sharing “vendors” lined up; we just need a team to organize the event. (See the end of this page for a list of example roles and responsibilities.)
Please email email@example.com for more information
Here’s a short list of ShareFest Roles. Each event will be a little different so please use this only as a suggestion of where to start and then fill in more roles or consolidate roles as they become apparent.
- Volunteer Coordinator: This role is very important and will help connect new volunteers to the most appropriate coordination team before and during the event and coordinate outreach to volunteers.
- Team Coordinators: Coordinate teams for the different functions of the ShareFest.
- Event Logistics Team: Secure location, assist with schedule, permits, accessibility, bike valet, coordinate with food vendors, waste management, fundraising at event, etc.
- Outreach and Media Team: Engage partners and sponsors, post online (to calendars, listservs and local organizations’ social media), putting up posters, handing out fliers and directly reaching out to a diverse community, contact local media, write up and send press releases, take photos and quotes, write up event to send to media and post to relevant blogs
- ShareFest Programming Team: Actively recruit, schedule and support workshops, host open space discussions, childcare activities, socializing activities, music
- Host Team: Register participants, collect contact information, hand out name tags, direct people to activities, provide support in the event of an emergency, hand out and collect participant surveys and answer questions.
- Signage Team: Make sure there are clear event schedules, signs explaining how to use the space, accessibility signage, etc.
- Set up/take down: Pre-event set up and post-event clean up crews
- Translators: Translate questions and workshops into popular local languages