The Events coordinator loves to create parties. They love the details involved with planning an event, they love buzzing around making sure that everyone is having a good time, and they love how everyone loves them for creating the party.
The member events/activities coordinator will:
• Coordinate and organize monthly gatherings for the Time Bank
• Explore ‘good locations’ for hosting the gatherings
• Create a ‘theme’ for each gathering to attract participation
• Create marketing materials; postcards/fliers and mail/email to members
• Coordinate and organize other group activities and classes for the Time Bank
• Ask members what they would like to do? Special activities might include: ball room dancing; yoga; park clean up; apple picking; strawberry picking; snow tubing/sledding. The list goes on! Your members will tell you what they want.
• Find teachers for classes.
• Find leaders with special expertise to run group activities like bird watching, game night, yoga, etc.
• Coordinate an annual OPEN HOUSE, celebrating the Time Bank! Ask members for help.
One of the best ways to inspire member participation is to host monthly gatherings and group activities. These gatherings give members the opportunity to get to know each other. It is so much easier to ASK for a service once you’ve met someone at a party.