The Time Bank Ambassador role is for networkers. They love to meet new people. They rarely work alone. They often enlist members to work with them to bring in more members. After all the best source of new members, is someone who has already experienced the benefits of membership in the Time Bank. All members should be encouraged to bring in people who they would like to trade with. If you want veterinary care for Time Dollars™, recruit your vet!
The Time Bank Ambassador role focuses on community outreach to prospective new members. They run the introduction potlucks in partnership with the events coordinator and possibly the membership coordinator. Their tasks might include:
• Creating recruiting materials from the brochures & fliers/posters found on-line
• Presenting Time Banking to local community groups/individuals
• Posting Time Bank fliers/brochures around the community and on local list serves
• Hosting Time Bank parties (like Tupperware parties!) in member’s homes
• Finding media support to write articles and post listings of meeting dates/times